Books play a central part of our every day. There is not a morning time together that we do not read a picture book and share our thinking before, during and after we read. If there is one thing that I know, it is that these times are essential to our learning and to our relationship with one another. We talk. We laugh, We share. This time matters.
This time becomes even more special to me when things get crazy in the month of December and I feel like we are pulled in a thousand different directions during most of the day and nearly every evening. The time we spend reading in the morning is a time I can count on, a time all together, a time of connection. If you are looking for the same, here are our recommendations to get you started this Christmas season.
- The Reindeer Christmas by Moe Price
- The Christmas Giant by Steve Light
- Christmas Always . . . by Peter Catalanotto
- An Orange for Frankie by Patricia Polacco
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by Gloria Houston
- Who Will Help Santa this Year by Jerry Pallotta
- The Christmas Pine by Julia Donaldson
- The Christmas Tree Who Loved Trains by Annie Silvestro
- ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas by Glenys Nellist
Happy reading. Until next time, keep it smart. Keep it simple.